Indoor Positioning System (IPS)
Combain Enterprise Indoor is an Indoor Positioning System (IPS) that enables accurate location-based services inside buildings where GPS signals are weak or unavailable. The system uses existing Bluetooth beacons and Wi-Fi access points for positioning, so no new hardware or infrastructure is required, and implementation is straightforward and cost-effective. Combain Enterprise Indoor includes tools to create and manage indoor positioning, including a portal to set up a building and an app to collect training data for the positioning system. After collecting training data, deep learning algorithms are used to create a building model using an artificial neural network (ANN). Once the building model is created and published, the indoor positioning is available to all devices via the Combain Location API.
Private & Secure:
Indoor positioning can be made available to all Combain Location API users or kept private for use only with your own API keys. For even greater privacy, it can be combined with Combain On-Prem Location Server to create a fully private positioning system running on your own servers.
Combain Enterprise Indoor features:
- World class accuracy. The actual accuracy depends on building structure and beacon density, but normally 1-5m median error is obtained for public spaces. Using deep learning typically improves accuracy by at least 2x compared to traditional positioning methods.
- Easy to deploy. Since the system uses existing infrastructure, the deployment step is just to survey the area to capture enough training data. No need for manual system set up or deployment of new routers or beacons like traditional indoor positioning systems.
- On-line portal to create buildings, add indoor maps, routes for navigation, define rooms and add indoor features such as stairs, elevators and escalators.
- On-line tools that for example shows estimated accuracy in different parts of the building, so that extra beacons can be added if desired accuracy is not met.
- Android app for survey and capture of training data. Alternatively, you can purchase a survey device from Combain as there are certain requirements on the mobile to capture training data efficiently (Android version, Wi-Fi throttling, etc.).